Monday, May 18, 2009

Waxing Nostalgic - Part 1

Coast to coast, LA to Chicago
Western male
Across the north
And south to Key Largo
Love for sale
Smooth Operator - Sade

Today's topic: When Boredom Shows in Personal Grooming.

Today we're chatting with Brenda, a 40 year old woman who is currently on bed rest due to a high risk pregnancy.

BOB THE FICTIONAL CORRESPONDENT: Brenda, is it true you've gone insane with nail polish?

BRENDA: Yes, Bob. It's true. I noticed this morning that I have ten toes, and ten different shades of nail polish. I decided this was a sign, and painted each toenail a different color.

BOB: I see. And what about fingernail polish?

BRENDA: Well Bob, I'm a nail biter. Bad habit, I know. So for fingers I've gone somewhat conservative. All 10 nails are done in the same polish - clear with silver, blue and purple sparkly bits.

BOB: A wise choice. Is there anything else you'd like to share?

BRENDA: Well, yesterday I was sorting through an old cosmetics bag, and I found some Brazilian Wax stencils. I'm considering surprising my husband with a Shamrocked girly zone.

BOB: Do you think your husband will appreciate the new look?

BRENDA: The shamrock will amuse him. The fact that I'm dying it green might take him aback.

BOB: Well folks, that's all we have time for today. Tune in tomorrow, when Brenda shares her feelings on Matt Lauer, lava lamps, and the letter "Q".

**********************************************************************************

As the title indicates, this is part 1 of a 2 (or more?) part series on the serious issue of Brazilian waxing. I figure I've been writing about some heavy duty stuff lately, so it's time for a wee break. Stay tuned for Part 2 - Me, Myself and Aiyeeeee!!!!

3 comments:

  1. this cracked me up! i'm sure my husband would have loved a shamrocked girly zone, as during my 5 mos on bedrest, i basically gave up everything but brushing my teeth. have fun with that nail polish chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! This was too funny.

    Hey, I'm so happy for you and I pray that the rest of you pregnancy goes well. Remember, we did the whole bedrest thingy before and the end result is so worth it!!

    I look forward to seeing pics of your beautiful son and hearing all about your precious girl (can you even believe how big our girls are???)

    Take care Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waxing eloquent, too. Nothing says it better than shamrocks. And green, too. Touch of the Orion slave girl?

    ReplyDelete