Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, hey, look who's back!

Could you be dead?
You always were two steps ahead
of everyone
We'd walk behind while you would run...
"Missing"--Everything But the Girl

Crazy, crazy dream last night.  This song was playing, and I was being chased by China Mieville through what I believe to be the streets of Beijing.  I am going to guess this was due, at least in part, to a late night snack of potstickers, which I indulged in while steadfastly avoiding my Science Fiction & Fantasy class final paper on Emabassytown

So, I really don't have a damn thing to say today.  Fortunately, that rarely stops me from--you know--saying it.

Did I mention that Mieville's limbs morphed into a hammer and sickel?  It kind of makes me wish I'd practiced that whole lucid dreaming thing.  I would've stopped running, whipped around, and smacked him upside the head with a copy of Road to Serfdom.  Ha--take that!!!

I'm having one of those bad stretches, where I simply cannot bring myself to do all the things I need to do.  Phone calls have gone unmade, as has my bed.  The aforementioned sci fi paper is due in eleven hours, and the closest I've come to working on it is to open a Microsoft Word document and think "Huh, yeah, not happening."  Thank god I enjoy writing on a deadline.  Come 9:30 tonight, I'm going to be freaking out and typing 90 wpm--though god knows what I'll have to say.

I guess I'll make myself a strong pot of coffee and see what I can come up with.  One might say this paper will require Perculean effort.  If one likes bad puns, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment