Monday, October 22, 2012

The Secret Policeman's Other Blog

They're the coin of deceit
A token that you take

in trade with a cheat...
Dennis Brennan--Lies

Monday morning pumpkin latte.  Elvis Costello singing with Elmo on Sesame Street.  No hangover.  Kinda craving a start-your-week-off-right buzzer, but not gonna go there.  Nope.  No way.  Nuh-uh. Nein. Nyet!

I've toyed with the idea of writing a second blog, a memoir of my darker, seedier days.  But hell, I have no time to write this damned thing, so a second would just be silly.  Besides, I'd eventually screw up, and tip my hand as to who I am.  And that would be a very bad thing indeed.  For me, and for many others :)

Today is crunch time.  I have to make a decision about school.  I don't think I can pull it off this semester, I am under far too much pressure.  I could not have known when I started that my whole world was going to come crashing down on me.  Well, okay, I probably should have suspected it might.  I'm 44 years old.  I've lived long enough and hard enough to know that another shoe is always waiting to drop.  But I didn't expect the entire contents of Imelda Marcos' closet to come crashing down on my head this fall!

This isn't a woe-is-me post, though.  I'm not feeling sorry for myself, and I'm not giving up.  I'm saying it might be time to rest, refocus, and regain my strength.  Then I'll be ready to go again.  Of course, it will be a lot harder next time, since I won't qualify for any aid.  Hence the agonizing.  Is it better to struggle, limp to the finish line with at best a C, and then bust my ass next semester?  Or do I withdraw from the race and face a tougher battle when I'm in better shape?

Where the hell is my Magic 8 Ball?

Oh, hey, I'd like to send a shout out to my fan(s) in France!  Not sure who you are or how you found me, but it's nice to see I'm getting some love from across the puddle.  Of course, you haven't seen fit to comment, so... hmmm.  I hope you're human, and not a bot.  If I'm sending my love out to a bot, I'm just gonna feel silly.

On that note, I think it's time to pour my latte into a travel mug and drink whilst I shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment